Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Graduation Update!

It has been a while since I posted so I am just going to do a quick update for everyone. No pictures for this posting but I will have a bunch for the next posting. So I finally made it to the end......no more school, no more finals, no more classes, no more clinicals, and no more homework! I am graduating on Friday from the Nursing program in a special pinning ceremony and the official graduation is on Saturday (even though I am not walking). It feels surreal to be graduating from college and moving on with my life. I think this is one of the most exciting things that has happened in my life behind getting married and giving birth to my children. All of the hard work and time away from my family is finally going to pay off. Unfortunately, I still have yet to find a job but I am staying positive and I know something will come along soon. If things work out the right way, I will be working on the Med/Surg floor at Cassia Regional Medical Center in Burley. Dereck also applied for a job at Dot Foods in Burley that he is more than qualified for. So hopefully those jobs will come through for us and we can get a new start. Even though I do not really care to go back to my hometown, I think this may be a good start for us and a positive thing as we have lots of family there to help us out. Anyways.....I just feel so blessed I have an understanding and supportive family and friends that have been there to get me through school and now to get me started in my career. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting! I hope you get the jobs... And congrats on finally getting there and graduating!